Below Are Some Facts about The Kumawood actor Bishop Bernard Nyarko who passed away some few days ago.
1. Parents: Bishop Bernard Nyarko was born to parents who are both from the Eastern region. His father, a retired police officer, is an Akuapem from Obosomase, his mother, a former employee PWD hails from Koforidua.
2. Siblings : Bishop Nyarko was the second born to his mother’s four children. On his father’s side, Bernard Nyarko was the seventh born of 14 children. His siblings from his mother’s side are all in the United Kingdom.
3. Education: Born at Agona Swedru in the Central region, the late actor started his basic education there at Salvation Army. But due to constant transfers of his parents, he had to continue at Kumawu and later Asem Boys in Kumasi where he wrote and passed his common entrance. After
passing his common entrance, he went back to Kumawu to complete secondary school form five at Tweneboa Kodua. He then came to Kumasi to complete his sixth form.
4. Athlete: While in secondary school, Bishop was into athletics and according to him, he was best hurdle runner in his time and even set a record at the Interco with OKESS.
5. Work with pastors: Bishop Bernard Nyarko revealed that he took up the word of God and working relationships with a lot of pastors. During these times, he either worked for the pastors as interpreter, singer, among other roles.
6. Journey to UK: After his time working with pastors, Bishop Nyarko travelled to the United Kingdom where he lived for about one and a half years.
7. Fallout with his mother: Upon his return to Ghana, he was living in his mother’s house in Kumasi.
8. Hard times: After the fallout with his mother became so difficult and unbearable that he thought of taking his own life. He loved Kojo Antwi’s song, Sunkwa , which was played on radio kepr him back to his senses.
9. Marriage: According to Bernard Nyarko because of the hardship he faced, his wife at the time left marriage and took away their kids. And he re-married.
10. Children: Bishop Bernard Nyarko had three children. A boy, who is the eldest, and two girls.
11. Acting career: For Bishop, acting happened providence as he categorically stated that he never looked in that direction. According to him, his first stint started when some people came to their house to shoot movie. During the the shooting, in the house, they needed somebody to act the role of a family head and the director persuaded him to do it. After this, the director told him his is a great star but he did not take it seriously until it got to a time that he had to resort to acting to make ends meet. After being made to play the roles of bodyguar and
other rowdy characters, he got his breakthrough. He featured lost of movies alongside the likes of Nana Ama McBrown, Lil Win, Mercy Asiedu, Christian Awuni, Agya Koo, Akrobeto, among others.
Read Also: Bono Region Records First Case Of Coronavirus As Ghana’s Covid-19 Case Count Rises To 3,091
12. Pastor or not: Due to his dexterity with the many movie roles, Bernard Nyarko had been thought to be a pastor. But according to him, he was never ordained as one but he preposse the gift of preaching and could do many of the pastors did. He once hinted that he could even leave acting and go into full-time ministry before his demise.
Send your article and other stuff for publishing to email@example.com Via WhatsApp 0546501234