Akua Donkor Names Adakabre Frimpong Manso As Her Running Mate Ahead Of 2020 Polls
The Founder and Leader of the Ghana Freedom Party (GFP), Maame Akua Donkor, has appointed her running mate for the December general election.
She has appointed veteran journalist and lawyer, Adakabre Frimpong Manso, to partner her for the polls.
Her reason she chose, Maame Akua Donkor, explained is due to the instrumental role the media personality with Accra-based Neat FM played in her presidential bid.
“Adakabre was the one who made me popular in Ghana when I decided to run for president so I have chosen him as my running mate,” she stated.
READ ALSO: The Highest Paid Player in Ghana Premier League, Victorien Adebayor- Angel Sports Reveals
She made the announcement on Accra-base radio, Angel FM in an interview with Kofi Adoma Nwanwani.
The presidential candidate added that she chose a journalist due to her love for the media fraternity
“I want to change the lives of journalists in this country that is why I have chosen one of their own. I know they will vote for me in the December elections,” she noted.
Madam Donkor claimed when she told Adakabre about her decision, he only laughed about it indicating that he had accepted it.
“Whether he [Adakabre] likes it or not, he will be my running mate for the elections,” she stressed.
That she has already printed her posters with Adakabre, and waiting to release after she has registered for the Voter’s ID card.
Below are some of her campaign promises
- Farmers who are 40years and above will be on pay-list for pension
- Petrol Will be refined here
- No Unemployment
- Free Electricity Bill
- Free Cutlass for farmers
- Free Education
- Farmers needs will be provided.
- There will be a representative of every trade in parliament
- Local languages will be allowed in parliament and court
- Non Educated will be employed
- One year maternity leave for government workers
- Free Fertilizer for farmers Free Port
- There will be money for the farmers to enlarge their farms