Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II names new Board of Directors for Asante Kotoko SC.
On May 28, 20 20, His Majesty Otumfuo Osei Tutu II. Asantchene, in a press release has constituted a new Board of Directors for Asante Kotoko Sporting Club and charged it with an ambitious task to rebuild the Asante Kotoko brand not only for its performance on the sporting field but as a viable economic entity.
The appointment of the Board followed an interim report from the Three-Member Panel, Chaired by Prof.Lydia Nkansah, Dean of the Faculty of Law, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, which is enquiring into recent operations of the Club.
The panel gave the green light for the constitution of a new Board to bring Asante Kotoko SC in compliance with both the licensing regulations of the Premier League and its statutory obligations under company laws.
Dr. Kwame Kyei, Chairman of Unity Oil Group is retained as Chairman of the Board in recognition of the fact that he has single-handedly financed the Club’s operations over the past three years.
However, he will now work in a corporate setting with a Board carefully chosen to blend continuity with a combination of corporate dynamism and integrity, financial prudence and professional expertise.
His Majesty has expressed his gratitude to two eminent bankers and two leading business executives who have agreed to lend their expertise and corporate clout to the Board.
They are joined by one corporate lawyer and two sports experts, one from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology and the other a woman physical education specialist from Sunyani Technical University who has worked with the national women’s team.
Members of the Board of Directors are:
1. Dr. Kwame Kyei – Chairman, Unity Group/ Chairman
2. Mr. Jude Arthur – Board Chairman, GCB Bank) Vice Chairman
3. Mr. Kwadwo Bouteng Genfi – Board Chairman, Ghana EXIM Bank
4. Mr.Kwasi Osei Ofori – Chairman, Erdmark Group & C.E.O., Rocksure Mining Co.
5. Alhaji Lamin – Businessman
6. Lawyer Kwamina Mensah – Corporate Lawyer
7. Mr. Joseph Yaw Adu – Retired Director of Sports-Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)
8. Ms. Evelyn Nsiah – Asare, Acting Head of Sports, Sunyani Technical University (STU)
9. Baffour Kwame Kusi – Otumfuo’s Ankobiahene