The Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships are an initiative of the Australian government that supports postgraduate students who wish to pursue higher degrees by research (HDRs) The RTP scheme aims to provide flexible funding arrangements to help domestic and international students undertaking HDRs in Australian universities. The Research Training Program Students learn the skills that are needed to succeed in academia and other areas of the job market.
The Australian Government Research Scholarships 2024 are awarded in almost all academic fields and majors to undertake postgraduate degree programs. The RTP Scholarships are available in the fields of engineering, computer, mathematical sciences, health sciences, arts, professional studies, and science.
Approximately 41 prestigious Australian universities are participating in the RTP program. These universities are all well-ranked in the world with a good management system and world-class teaching methods. Applications for the RTP Scholarships must be submitted directly to the participating universities. You must contact your chosen university directly for more information about applying for the RTP Scholarships. Each university has its own application and selection process for applying to the Australian Government Research Scholarship.
The RTP scholarships may be offered for a maximum period of 4 years for a research doctorate and up to 2 years for a research master’s degree. The Australian Government Research Scholarship recipients will receive tuition fee compensation, a stipend to cover living costs, and allowances to pay for ancillary costs related to their academic programs. You can also Apply for DAAD Scholarships 2024 in Germany (Fully Funded)
RTP Scholarship 2023 in Australia Details:
- Scholarship Host Country: Australia
- Administered by: Department of Education, Skills & Employment
- Course level: Master’s and PhD
- Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligibility: Domestic and International Students
- Deadline: Different for each University
Check NL Scholarships 2024 for International Students (Study in Holland)
Benefits of the Research Training Program 2024:
- An allowance of up to AUD 29,863 for up to two academic years for a Research Masters degree, and up to three academic years for a Research PhD degree.
- Full Tuition Fee
- Health Insurance Funds (paid sick leave).
- (OSHC )Overseas Student Health Cover
- Travel Allowance
- Research funds are also available.
RTP Scholarship Duration:
- Master’s Program: Up to 2 Years
- Ph.D. Program: Up to 4 Years.
Participating Universities in RTP Scholarship:
- Australian Catholic University
- Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education
- Bond University
- Central Queensland University
- Charles Darwin University
- Charles Sturt University
- Curtin University
- Deakin University
- Edith Cowan University
- Federation University Australia
- Flinders University
- Griffith University
- James Cook University
- La Trobe University
- Macquarie University
- Monash University
- Murdoch University
- Queensland University of Technology
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
- Southern Cross University
- Swinburne University of Technology
- The Australian National University
- The University of Adelaide
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of Notre Dame Australia
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Western Australia
- Torrens University of Australia
- University of Canberra
- University of Divinity
- University of New South Wales
- University of Newcastle
- University of South Australia
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of Tasmania
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- University of Wollongong
- Victoria University
- Western Sydney University
Check British Council GREAT Scholarships 2024-2025 in the UK
List of Available Study Fields:
- Engineering, Computer, and Mathematical Sciences
- Health and Medical Sciences
Eligibility Criteria of the Research Training Program 2024:
The following are the basic eligibility criteria for scholarship in Australia for Masters and PhDs.
Masters by Research / Master of Philosophy:
The following qualifications are usually required for submitting an application for a master’s by research or master’s in philosophy:
- To be considered for this program, applicants must have completed at least the equivalent of an Australian Honours degree.
- You should have equivalent experience and capabilities in research.
Ph.D. Research Program:
You must possess a sufficient amount of research experience to be considered for a Ph.D.
- Students must hold a bachelor’s degree with first or upper second class honors, or a master’s degree with substantial research components that are maintained at a high academic standard.
- RTP Candidates must meet the University’s English language proficiency requirements.
The application deadline to apply for RTP Scholarships 2024 in Australia for International Students varies from University to University. You can get more details from the university of your choice.
Check University of Bristol Think Big Scholarships 2024 in the UK
How to Apply for the Australian Government Research Scholarships 2024?
Applicants for the Australian Government Research Scholarships must select a university where they wish to study.
- Select your course of study.
- Make sure you meet the entry requirements
- Gather required documentation
- Complete and submit your application.
Kindly read all the Latest News, Entertainment News and gossips here. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Telegram.