How Apply For Student Loan (SLTF) In Ghana
Student Loan Application In Ghana
Tertiary Education in Ghana is very though for some students to pay their fees. Take your time to read this article on how to apply for student loan through Student Loan Trust Fund.
As part of the consideration for the student loan, prospective applicants will need to ensure that both their institution and programmes will make them eligible for the loan. To be able to access the loan the following must be considered:
1. School is a tertiary Institution accredited by Ghana National Accreditation Board.
2. Programmes being offered are accredited by NAB
3. Loan is for only Ghanaian citizens living and schooling in Ghana
4. Only needy applicant will be considered
A borrower shall apply the loan granted from the Fund to defray personal expenses including fees, the cost of boarding, lodging, books, equipment and for other purposes that may be necessary for the borrower’s course of studies.
Download a laptop request form from the SLTF website
Before an applicant applies for the loan he/she will require the following in order to successfully apply. Until these are provided the application will not be successful.
- You must be a Ghanaian.
- You must have been offered admission to study an accredited tertiary programme in Ghana.
- You must be pursuing tertiary programme such as a diploma or 1st degree.
- You must have a valid Ghana Card Number (can be acquired at designated GRA offices for free)
- You must have an active registered Mobile Phone Number
- You must have a valid Email Address
- You must have a Student ID card or admission letter
- You must have an E-zwich Card (can be obtained at any bank)
CREATE AN ACCOUNT
- Click on the Signup button
- You may read the legal notice and click on Agree, that is if you agree.
- Fill in the required information and click on Next
- On user account info. page, tick the box “I agree to terms of service”(ie., if you agree to the terms of service) and click on Create Account button
- Once you create your account successfully, you will receive an activation code on your phone number or email. Input the code you received in the textbox and click on Activate Account button
If for any reason you did not receive your activation code after 24hours, kindly contact the nearest Students Loan office for assistance.
Note that any activation code sent to you expires after 48hours.
Also make sure you enter your correct active phone number and email address should be in small letters to receive the activation code
If you are not able to Activate your account;
- Click on Login button on the homepage, then click on Activate Account below the Sign in form
- Enter your Ghana card number/SSNIT number and click on Send Code
- Once you receive the activation code enter it into the Verification Code input field and click on Verify button.
- After activating your account, you can now Sign in to fill your students loan application form online.
If you have forgotten your password;
- Click on Login button on the homepage, then click on Forgotten Password below the Sign in form
- Enter your Ghana card number/SSNIT number and click on Next
- Click on Send Code to request for your activation code.
- Your activation code will be sent through SMS. Input the code in the Verification Code input field and click on Verify .
- Input your new password and click on Submit .
- You can now login with your Ghana card number/SSNIT number and your new password.
NB: If for any reason you did not receive your activation code after 24hours, kindly contact the nearest Students Loan office for assistance.
COMPLETE AN APPLICATION
To complete the whole application process you need to;
- Upload all required and relevant supporting documents.
- Confirm your application details.
- Download and Upload all Agreement documents requested by the application.
- Take your biometric finger print at the nearest zonal or campus offices.
You will be contacted via email when your application is duely. That’s all you need to do!
How do I apply for a Knust student loan?
How can I get a student loan?
How do I activate my SLTF account?
How do I check my student loan balance in Ghana?