Eight Ghanaian clubs have made the list of top 150 clubs ranked in Africa within the first decade (2001-2010) of the 21st century, according to a ranking made by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS).
The ranking done by the statistical firm was done based on the performances of the clubs in their respective leagues and African competitions (CAF Champions League and CAF Confederation Cup) within the years under review.
Asante Kotoko is Ghana’s highest ranked club in 11th position with 7365 points. Hearts of Oak is Ghana’s second highest ranked club in 21st position and with 5785 points.
Kumasi King Faisal in 45th position with 4555 points, AshantiGold 57th with 4035 points, Liberty Professionals 78th with 3260 points, now Division One club Berekum Arsenal in 97th with 2950 points.
Fellow Division One clubs Kpando Heart of Lions and Real Tamale United (RTU) find themselves in 127th and 129th position with 2610 and 2590 points respectively.
The top spot is occupied by Al Ahly, followed by Espérance Sportive de Tunis, Etoile Sportive du Sahel, ASEC Mimosas, Cotonsport FC de Garoua, Zamalek SC and so on.
IFFHS will announce the ranking of the top 150 clubs ranked in Africa within the second decade (2011-2020) of the 21st century in the coming days.
TOP 10 RANKED CLUBS IN AFRICA
1. Al-Ahly Cairo – Egypt (12,015 points)
2. Espérance Sportive de Tunis -Tunisia (10,505 points)
3. Etoile Sportive du Sahel – Tunisia (10,085 points)
4. ASEC Mimosas Abidjan – Côte-d’Ivoire (9,405 points)
5. Cotonsport FC de Garoua – Cameroon (8,915 points)
6. Zamalek SC Cairo – Egypt (8,085 points)
7. Jeunesse Sportive de Kabylie – Algeria (7,930 points)
8. Enyimba International FC – Nigeria (7785 points)
9. Al-Hilal Omdurman – Sudan (7,660 points)
10. AS FAR Rabat – Morocco (7,450 points)
RANKING OF GHANAIAN CLUBS
11. Asante Kotoko SC (7,365 points)
21. Hearts of Oak SC (5,785 points)
45. King Faisal Babies (4,555 points)
57. Ashanti Gold