It is very sad and worrying to hear about the 100% increment of the high cost of dialysis in Ghana. A whopping 100 percent increment is a big problem for Ghanaians living with kidney disease. We cannot allow our citizens to face these challenges when Government can absorb the cost of dialysis.
Why is the government taxing consumables for dialysis and then give free taxes to Chinese and other businesses to the detriments of our fellow Ghanaians lives.
Many foreign businesses in Ghana are exempted from paying taxes on import goods and services, while our own government agencies and institutions are made to pay huge taxes for the same goods and services. Why?
The lives of Ghanaian citizens matter and must be protected by all means necessary. A healthy society is a healthy nation.
Am calling on Government to consider the following to help protect and promote health care services and delivery in Ghana;
1. Government should absorb the cost of dialysis and child birth delivery
2. Government should scrap all taxes on medical consumables for dialysis.
3. Government should build dialysis centers in all the regions of Ghana.
4. Government should consider the manufacturing and production of some medical consumables in Ghana to help reduce the cost of treatment.
5. Government should scrap all taxes on noncommunicable diseases to reduce the cost of drugs and treatment of those diseases.
6. National health insurance schemes should be restructured and resourced well to absorb certain communicable diseases.
7. Government should build a good health infrastructure to transplant organs.
Dr. Hassan Ayariga
Kindly read all the Latest News, Entertainment News and gossips here. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Telegram.