The applications for UK GREAT Scholarships 2022/2023 for Ghana and other Developing Countries are now open.
The application date for a UK GREAT Scholarship varies per institution. Please read the institution page for specifics on each university’s deadlines.
GREAT Scholarships provides a wide range of scholarships from UK institutions in a number of fields to students from the countries listed below. Each scholarship covers the cost of a one-year postgraduate degree and is worth a minimum of £10,000 in tuition fees.
The GREAT Britain Campaign of the UK government and the British Council, in collaboration with partner UK higher education institutions, sponsor each scholarship.
Ghanaians should review the following information.
Eligibility: UK GREAT Scholarships 2022/2023 open for Ghanaian students. Must be a Ghanaian
GREAT Scholarships – Ghana: Find out about GREAT Scholarships for Ghanaian students. For the academic year 2022-2023, there are seven postgraduate scholarships available.
Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Turkey, Vietnam, and Thailand are all eligible countries.
To be Taken at (Country): UK
Number of Awards: Numerous
Value of UK GREAT Scholarships: Each scholarship is worth a minimum of £10,000 towards tuition fees for a one-year postgraduate course.
How to Apply for UK GREAT Scholarships: Filter by your country to find a GREAT Scholarship at a UK university.
It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
What are we looking for in a GREAT scholar?
GREAT scholars must:
- be a citizen of Ghana.
- have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- as an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about his or her own experience of studying in the UK.
How to apply
- Visit the university page here to find out more information and then follow the link through to the university’s website.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.